DISABILITY ATTORNEYS IN LANSING
FREE CASE EVALUATION
You can easily experience confusion and frustration when you apply for disability benefits in Lansing. You have many hoops to jump through and hurdles to clear. You may get discouraged and feel like giving up. However, giving up is not an option when these benefits are your lifeline to making ends meet.
You should seek help immediately from Disability Attorneys of Michigan. Our knowledgeable legal team helps residents in Ann Arbor, MI and throughout Michigan to overcome the challenges they face in the disability benefits process.
Our skilled disability attorneys are known for:
- Extensive experience. We have more than 100 years of combined experience. We have built up vast knowledge and insights into the complicated Social Security disability system. We use that knowledge to our clients’ advantage.
- Compassionate service. We treat every client as if they are a member of our family. Our concern for our clients doesn’t stop when their case is over. That caring attitude leads many of our clients to refer their friends and family members to us for help. We consider referrals to be the highest compliment a client can pay us.
- Comprehensive approach. We know that many of our disabled clients need more than just benefits. We go the extra mile to help clients to find housing assistance programs as well as free and low-cost health care clinics. We want our clients to get the well-rounded support they need.
If you or a loved one needs help applying for Social Security disability or VA disability benefits in Ann Arbor, contact us today. Our skilled disability attorneys can help with your initial application and the appeals process.
How Our Attorneys Help People with Disabilities in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Many law firms try to cover a lot of practice areas. Our firm focuses solely on helping people who need disability benefits. We help our clients by:
- Applying for Social Security disability benefits. When you meet with us, we will explain what you should expect from the SSD benefits application process and determine what types of disability benefits you may need. We will take the time to ensure your claim is thoroughly documented, which will improve your chance for approval.
- Pushing claims through the process. Many applicants spend months or years waiting for their SSD benefits claim to be processed. We focus on providing claims reviewers with every bit of information they need. We want to prevent your application from hitting a snag. We will also keep track of your claim’s progress and push for updates every step of the way.
- Appealing claims that have been denied. The majority of SSD benefits claims are denied the first time, including valid claims. Our attorneys can help you to navigate the complicated appeals process and fight for the benefits you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, fill out the contact form below, or call the Law Offices of Disability Attorneys of Michigan today at 1-800-949-2900.
Disability Resources near Lansing, Michigan
We want our clients to have access to all of the resources they need to maintain a good quality of life. Our attorneys make it a point to identify disability resources in Lansing and make those connections. Some of the local programs that you may find useful include:
Phoenix Bldg., 5th Floor
222 N. Washington Square
P.O. Box 30104
Lansing, MI 48909
1921 East Miller Road
Lansing, MI 48911
5303 South Cedar, Building 1
Lansing, Michigan, 48911-3800
Our law firm features attorneys with more than 80 years of combined experience and a team of highly skilled and knowledgeable case managers and legal assistants. We focus all of this talent and resources on one thing – helping people like you throughout the Ann Arbor area to pursue the federal disability benefits they are due.
We know every little detail about the claims process, and we also know the big impact that benefits can have on our clients’ lives. We truly care about their future and work hard for them. We are proud to say that many clients come to us because they heard about us from those we served in the past.
We Are Passionate About What We Do
People often come to our offices in Detroit, Warren or Lansing during their darkest hours. They are suffering from a physical or mental impairment that prevents them from being able to work, earn money and pay bills. They are concerned about their family and their future. Our goal is to lighten their burdens.
We then get to work right away on preparing an accurate and complete application for them. We go the extra mile to ensure the application includes the information that claims reviewers will need to make a decision on their claim.
If a person comes to us because his or her claim was denied, we work hard to appeal the decision, including representing them at administrative hearings and, if necessary, filing a lawsuit on their behalf in federal court. Throughout the process, we keep close track of the claim’s progress and make sure our clients are kept updated.
We also go beyond providing legal representation. We help our clients to find medical care, affordable housing and assistance for other legal matters. We are truly passionate about making a meaningful difference in their lives.
We charge nothing for our legal services unless and until we recover benefits for our clients. Because the SSA regulates attorney fees, it usually costs about the same no matter which firm you choose. Why not pick a firm that focuses solely on disability benefits and has the skills, experience, resources and dedication that you need to help you get through a difficult time?
Read Our Client Testimonials:
“My attorney Adam Banton and his assistants made sure everything needed before my hearing was on point. I was extremely pleased with the amount of concern and care recieved as their client. From corresponding over the phone to the initial meeting the day of my hearing, Mr. Banton and his team of experts were very professional and genuinely compassionate towards the preparation and needs for my case. Awesome law firm here. I highly recommend and that them from my heart.” -Andrea D., Lansing MI
Lansing Legal Resources:
Michigan State University College of Law – Michigan State University College of Law attracts a talented group of students from all over the country (and the world), and positions them for success through our dynamic programming and supportive faculty. Spartan lawyers graduate with a powerful set of legal skills and a genuine willingness to work together. You’ll find MSU Law grads serving their clients in every type of legal practice, from private firms to Fortune 100 companies to global nonprofits to government agencies. MSU Law alumni practice law in all 50 states, and all over the world.
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School – Western Michigan University Cooley Law School is a national leader in practice preparation with a focus on professionalism, ethics, and a deep commitment to inclusion and diversity. The diversity of its student body creates a dynamic learning environment that enriches the educational experience and promotes careers of graduates.
Michigan Supreme Court – The courts of Michigan comprise one of the three great constitutional institutions of the state, the judicial branch. These courts—district, probate, circuit and appellate—are each responsible for maintaining and preserving the responsible and equal rule of law in Michigan while ensuring that the system of justice is made readily and fairly available to all of the people of the state.
Michigan Court of Appeals – The Michigan Court of Appeals is one of the highest volume intermediate appellate courts in the country. It was created by the 1963 Michigan Constitution and heard its first cases in January 1965. Generally, decisions from final orders of a circuit court or probate court, as well as some agency orders, may be appealed to the court as a matter of right. Other lower court or tribunal decisions may be appealed only by application for leave to appeal, i.e., with permission of the court.
Library of Michigan – The Michigan Legislature created The Library of Michigan to guarantee the people of the State and their government one perpetual institution to collect and preserve Michigan publications, conduct reference and research and support libraries statewide.