Flint Veterans Disability Attorneys
Benefits for Michigan Veterans
Few firms have the dedication and skills necessary to handle claims before the Department of Veterans Affairs. Disability Attorneys of Michigan is a firm with a strong reputation for providing excellent service.
Our Flint Attorneys are dedicated to representing Veterans in their fight for the federal disability benefits they so rightfully deserve. Whether you have been denied disability, or you believe you deserve a higher rating, Disability Attorneys of Michigan can handle your appeal at any stage of the process.
With Attorneys accredited to handle cases before the Department of Veterans Affairs, Board of Veterans’ Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, you can trust that you will get the highest level of representation possible.
We fight for disabled veterans who had the courage to fight for us!
- Agent Orange
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder “PTSD”
- Traumatic Brain Injury “TBI”
- Disability Compensation for Service Connection
- Non Service Connected Pension Benefits
- Secondary Service Connected Claims
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Individual Unemployability and more!
When disabled veterans should appeal
- There are several different time limits to filing an appeal with an adverse decision from VA.
- If you received a Rating Decision from the Department of Veterans Affairs…
- You have the option to file a Notice of Disagreement to appeal this decision. A Notice of Disagreement must be filed within 1 year from the date of the mailing of the VA notice to the claimant of the adverse Rating Decision.
- If you received a Statement of the Case…
- You can file a VA Form 9, Appeal to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals. The VA Form 9 must be filed with the VA Regional Office within 60 days of receipt of the Statement of the Case, or within the remainder of the one-year period from the date of mailing of the Rating Decision by the VA Regional Office, whichever period ends later.
- If you received a denial from the Board of Veterans’ Appeals…
If you disagree with the final decision from the Board of Veterans’ Appeals and want to appeal, you must file a Notice of Appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims within 120 days after the date the Board of Veterans’ Appeals mailed a copy of its final decision. That date which is stamped on the front of the decision.
Read Our Client Testimonials:
“Erika has been absolutely amazing from beginning to end. She always took the time to answer all of my questions and kept me informed of any new aspects as we went through the appeal process. She is also an extremely understanding & compassionate person. Even if I had not won my appeal, I would still give her a glowing recommendation.” -Deanna, Flint MI
“My family and I couldn’t have been happier with the Disability Attorneys of Michigan. Specifically, Erika went above and beyond to explain everything thoroughly and ensure a successful outcome. Erika’s compassion not only for her work, but for families that she works with is second to none. Erika and DAM are highly recommended.” – Michael, Flint MI
Flint is the largest city and seat of Genesee County, Michigan, United States. Located along the Flint River, 66 miles (106 km) northwest of Detroit, it is a principal city within the region known as Mid Michigan. Flint has a population of 102,434, making it the seventh largest city in Michigan. The Flint metropolitan area is located entirely within Genesee County. The city was incorporated in 1855.
Genesee County Legal Resources:
Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce– The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce serves as the lead economic development agency for Genesee County, operates the area’s convention and visitors bureau, and delivers education and training programs to meet the needs of the region’s growing workforce.
Flint Public Library– The Flint Public Library’s mission is to be Flint’s go-to place for learning across the lifespan. That means every person, at any age, for any reason, can come and gain new knowledge for work, for school, and for entertainment.
Sloan Longway– Sloan Longway is comprised of three facilities; the Buick Automotive Gallery, Longway Planetarium and Sloan Museum.