Birmingham Veterans Disability Attorneys
Benefits for Michigan Veterans
Few firms have the dedication and skills necessary to handle claims before the Department of Veterans Affairs. Disability Attorneys of Michigan understands how complex Veterans Disability cases can be and has forged connections over the years with reputable Veterans Disability law firms that have the experience, skills and proven track record necessary to help successfully represent our brave veterans.
We selectively refer cases to law firms that have a strong reputation for providing excellent service fighting for the federal disability benefits our veterans so rightfully deserve.
Why contact us? We have a unique advantage in referring cases to the most capable law firms as we have established ties with skilled Veterans Disability law firms in our two decades of experience practicing disability law. Our firm has previously practiced Veterans Disability, and our knowledge, as well as our strong reputation in the legal community, make our referral valuable.
We want to give back to those who served our country. Let us help you find the most reputable law firm to handle your case.
Whether you have been denied disability, or you believe you deserve a higher rating, Disability Attorneys of Michigan can help refer your case to a skilled team of lawyers that can handle your appeal at any stage of the process.
Helping disabled veterans who had the courage to fight for us!
- Agent Orange
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder “PTSD”
- Traumatic Brain Injury “TBI”
- Disability Compensation for Service Connection
- Non Service Connected Pension Benefits
- Secondary Service Connected Claims
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Individual Unemployability and more!
When disabled veterans should appeal
- There are several different time limits to filing an appeal with an adverse decision from VA.
- If you received a Rating Decision from the Department of Veterans Affairs…
- You have the option to file a Notice of Disagreement to appeal this decision. A Notice of Disagreement must be filed within 1 year from the date of the mailing of the VA notice to the claimant of the adverse Rating Decision.
- If you received a Statement of the Case…
- You can file a VA Form 9, Appeal to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals. The VA Form 9 must be filed with the VA Regional Office within 60 days of receipt of the Statement of the Case, or within the remainder of the one-year period from the date of mailing of the Rating Decision by the VA Regional Office, whichever period ends later.
- If you received a denial from the Board of Veterans’ Appeals…
If you disagree with the final decision from the Board of Veterans’ Appeals and want to appeal, you must file a Notice of Appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims within 120 days after the date the Board of Veterans’ Appeals mailed a copy of its final decision. That date which is stamped on the front of the decision.
Read Our Client Testimonials:
“My attorney has been absolutely amazing from beginning to end. She always took the time to answer all of my questions and kept me informed of any new aspects as we went through the appeal process. She is also an extremely understanding & compassionate person. Even if I had not won my appeal, I would still give her a glowing recommendation.” -Deanna, Birmingham MI
“My family and I couldn’t have been happier with the Disability Attorneys of Michigan. My lawyer went above and beyond to explain everything thoroughly and ensure a successful outcome. Her compassion not only for her work, but for families that she works with is second to none.”- Michael, Birmingham MI
Birmingham is a city in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is located along the Woodward Corridor, between Royal Oak and Bloomfield Hills. The population of Birmingham 20,103.
Oakland County Legal Resources:
Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce– The Chamber’s mission is to serve our six communities as their leading resource for advancing business interests and building relationships.
Baldwin Public Library– The Baldwin Public Library enriches Birmingham and participating communities by providing opportunities and resource for individuals of all ages and background to learn, connect and discover.
Birmingham Public Schools– The faculty, staff and community believe that it is their mission to help every student learn to think with reflection, act with compassion, and perform with honor in high school and beyond.