Detroit Veterans Disability Attorneys
Benefits for Michigan Veterans
Few firms have the dedication and skills necessary to handle claims before the Department of Veterans Affairs. Disability Attorneys of Michigan understands how complex Veterans Disability cases can be and has forged connections over the years with reputable Veterans Disability law firms that have the experience, skills and proven track record necessary to help successfully represent our brave veterans.
We selectively refer cases to law firms that have a strong reputation for providing excellent service fighting for the federal disability benefits our veterans so rightfully deserve.
Why contact us? We have a unique advantage in referring cases to the most capable law firms as we have established ties with skilled Veterans Disability law firms in our two decades of experience practicing disability law. Our firm has previously practiced Veterans Disability, and our knowledge, as well as our strong reputation in the legal community, make our referral valuable.
We want to give back to those who served our country. Let us help you find the most reputable law firm to handle your case.
Whether you have been denied disability, or you believe you deserve a higher rating, Disability Attorneys of Michigan can help refer your case to a skilled team of lawyers that can handle your appeal at any stage of the process.
Helping disabled veterans who had the courage to fight for us!
- Agent Orange
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder “PTSD”
- Traumatic Brain Injury “TBI”
- Disability Compensation for Service Connection
- Non Service Connected Pension Benefits
- Secondary Service Connected Claims
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Individual Unemployability and more!
When disabled veterans should appeal
- There are several different time limits to filing an appeal with an adverse decision from VA.
- If you received a Rating Decision from the Department of Veterans Affairs…
- You have the option to file a Notice of Disagreement to appeal this decision. A Notice of Disagreement must be filed within 1 year from the date of the mailing of the VA notice to the claimant of the adverse Rating Decision.
- If you received a Statement of the Case…
- You can file a VA Form 9, Appeal to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals. The VA Form 9 must be filed with the VA Regional Office within 60 days of receipt of the Statement of the Case, or within the remainder of the one-year period from the date of mailing of the Rating Decision by the VA Regional Office, whichever period ends later.
- If you received a denial from the Board of Veterans’ Appeals…
If you disagree with the final decision from the Board of Veterans’ Appeals and want to appeal, you must file a Notice of Appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims within 120 days after the date the Board of Veterans’ Appeals mailed a copy of its final decision. That date which is stamped on the front of the decision.
Read Our Client Testimonials:
“You should ignore those that falsely claim that you will lose the first attempt and those who wrongly say that you should wait until you go for an appeal to secure a disability attorney. Your odds of winning on the first try increase dramatically if you secure an attorney from the very start. These attorneys won my disability on the first try – it took only 6 months. It is not expensive.” – Mark W.
“I was wonderfully impressed with DAM. They are truly about helping you get your disability. They did it for me. I highly recommend them. Thanks, Disability Attorneys of Michigan! Fantastic job!”- Denise C.
Detroit is the largest city in the midwestern state of Michigan. Near Downtown, the neoclassical Detroit Institute of Arts is famed for the Detroit Industry Murals painted by Diego Rivera, and inspired by the city’s ties to the auto industry, giving it the nickname “Motor City.”
Detroit Legal Resources:
Detroit Public Library– It is the mission of the Detroit Library to serve its citizens’ informational, educational and recreational needs, therefore encouraging life long learning.
Detroit Chamber of Commerce– is one of the oldest, largest and most respected chambers of commerce in the country. As the voice for business in the 11-county Southeast Michigan region, the Chamber’s mission is carried out through creating a business-friendly climate and value for members
Detroit School District– The Detroit School District, will help students grow, foster strong relationships and engage all students in problem-solving as well as critical thinking to help prepare students for the future.