You will not be charged any money upfront to partner with an SSD lawyer.
- Only if your case is won, a portion of the back pay you are due will be allocated to the attorney representing you
- The Social Security Administration regulates the legal fees for attorneys representing claimants before the SSA
Updates to Fee Structure 2022
- Since 2009, the fee has been set as 25% of the past-due benefits (back pay). If this percentage was more than $6,000, due to the fee cap, the fee would not exceed $6,000
- Effective Nov. 30, 2022, the fee cap will increase to $7,200. Therefore, the fee will be 25% of back pay with a maximum cap at $7,200
- Acting SSA Commissioner, Dr. Kilolo Kijakazi announced the increase, due to cost of living and other economic factors
When choosing an attorney, you should be looking for quality. At Disability Attorneys of Michigan™, our lawyers are passionate, well prepared, and win cases. Contact Disability Attorneys in Michigan today.
To get to work on filing or appealing your claim for benefits today, contact the Disability Attorneys of Michigan now for a free case consultation at 800-949-2900.